The curriculum of Immanuel Lutheran School is based upon: The Bible, selected textbooks, and is correlated with the Illinois State Goals for Learning. The areas of instruction are the following:
- RELIGION - daily devotions, midweek chapel services, Bible study, doctrine, church history, worship, missions, and memory work.
- LANGUAGE ARTS - reading, English, spelling, handwriting, literature, creative writing, and research papers
- MATHEMATICS - arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and related areas.
- SOCIAL STUDIES - geography, history, civics, current events, and U.S. and Illinois constitutions.
- SCIENCE - concepts in biological, earth, and physical sciences, health and safety.
- ART - includes water colors, crayon, acrylics, and sketching, collages, and special creative projects.
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION - physical fitness and wellness, calisthenics, games, team sports.
- MUSIC -classroom music, a variety of vocal and chime choirs, and band.
- SPANISH – includes grammar and articulation of the language for students in grades K-8
- ATHLETICS - competitive team sports in the Fox Valley Lutheran League may include volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, track, and cross-country.
- TECHNOLOGY – Students will have a computer class at least once a week utilizing Learning.com’s Easy Tech Curriculum. Various software packages and internet resources are also integrated into the curriculum. The computer is used as an educational tool. Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 will be assigned a Chromebook to be used by them each day. Students will have the assigned Chromebook with them throughout the year and will be responsible for the care of that Chromebook.
For more information about Immanuel's curriculum, contact Ed Bower Prinicpal